BLOG
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.
JUL 30, 2016/关注生活
If-Then-Else

又是一个周末。一直以来我都有追美剧的爱好。不过关注美剧的同学应该都知道,这个季节的美剧很多都平平淡淡,至少对于我来说,确实夏季剧喜欢的少之又少。既然如此,来回味一下曾经的经典也许也是一个不错的选择。前段时间刚结束了一部美剧《Person of Interest》,中文翻译为《疑犯追踪》(个人认为这个翻译真是有点让人摸不着头脑,特别是当你了解了大致的剧情之后),这是一部关于人工智能的剧,其主线中的机器有点类似于“棱镜计划”那样的全球监听系统,由此展开的故事。这部剧可以说是目前为止我最喜欢的美剧。其中更有许多经典的台词,真的很值得去品味。在这里我想分享一段我最喜欢的台词,来自于 S04E11,Finch 教机器如何下棋。

PART 1

I thought you wanted me to teach you how to play.

我还以为你想让我教你怎么下棋。

Each possible move represents a different game,

每一步,都会打开一盘不同的局,

a different universe in which you make a better move.

创造一个不同的世界。

By the second move, there are 72,084 possible games.

第二步时,会有 72084 种不同的局。

By the third, 9 million.

第三步时,九百万。

By the fourth ...

第四步时...

There are more possible games of chess than there are atoms in the universe.

棋中的变局数量 超过宇宙中的原子

No one could possibly predict them all, even you.

无人能预知一切 你也不行

Which means that that first move can be terrifying.

也就说第一步会很令人害怕

It's the furthest point from the end of the game, there's a virtually infinite sea of possibilities, between you and the other side.

它是距离结局最远的一步 无穷无尽的可能布满了你走向结局的每一步

But it also means that if you make a mistake, there's a nearly infinite amout of ways to fix it.

但这也意味着 即便你犯了错 接下来也有无数种补救方法

So you should simply relax and play.

所以放松 出招就好

PART 2

You like the Queen, don't you?

你喜欢“后”,对吧?

She can move in any direction.

它可以走向任何方向。

Target anything.

攻击任何目标。

Wasn't always the case though.

并非一直如此。

She used to be one of the weakest pieces.

她曾是最弱的棋子。

The played chess in the royal court of Spain in the 15th century.

在 15 世纪,西班牙宫廷下棋时。

Queen Isabella was offended.

伊莎贝拉皇后对此很不满。

She asked her advisers if they thought her that feeble.

她问谋士,他们是否认为她软弱。

Their response was to make her the most powerful piece in the game.

于是他们就将她变成了居中最强势的棋子。

You have to be careful though.

但必须万分小心。

Because in chess, the more powerful a piece is,

因为棋局中,越强大的棋子,

the more useful they are.

越会被利用。

Not just for winning ...

不只是用于胜利 ...

but to be used for sacrifice as a trick.

还会用于牺牲,当成诱饵。

PART 3

You asked me to teach you chess and I've done that.

你让我教你下棋,我教了。

It's a useful mental exercise.

这有助于训练思维。

And through the years, many thinkers

多年来,很多思想者

have been fascinated by it.

为棋痴迷。

But I don't enjoy playing.

但我不喜欢下棋。

Do you know why not?

知道为什么吗?

Because it was a game that was born during a brutal age,

因为这种游戏诞生于冷酷的年代,

when life counted for little.

当时,生命的价值被忽视。

And everyone believed that some people were worth more than others.

所有人都相信,生命有贵贱之分。

Kings and pawns.

如玉,如卒。

I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else.

我不认为生命有贵贱之分。

I don't envy you the decisions you're gonna have to make.

我知道你未来会遇上极其沉重的决定。

And one day I'll be gone,

有一天,我会离开,

and you'll have no one to talk to.

没人能再陪你说话了。

But if you remember nothing else,

但就算你忘记一切,

Please remember this,

请记住,

Chess is just a game.

棋,只是游戏。

Real people aren't pieces.

人,不是棋子。

And you can't assign more value to some of them than to others.

你不能认定生命的贵贱。

Not to me.

包括我的生命。

Not to anyone.

包括任何人的生命。

People are not a thing tht you can sacrifice.

人命不可以被牺牲。

The lession is that anyone who looks on the world as if it was a game of chess deserves to lose.

这一课的内容是,如果有人把这个世界当成一盘棋, 那他注定失败。

镜头一共拆分成三段,与当集的主线穿插,可谓是天衣无缝。他告诉机器该如何做出选择,又该如何去真正赢得一场游戏。

回到整部剧,全剧共五季,在美剧中不算太长也不算太短。虽说结束的还是有些仓促,留给喜欢它的人太多的不舍。但我认为,至少它的结局并无遗憾。有心痛与愤怒,但也有震撼与希望。这是一部好剧,值得推荐!

Ps. 你也许会认为本文的标题很奇怪,其实它就是该剧 S04E11 的标题。

COMMENTS
LEAVE COMMNT